* You must be 21 years of age to order or receive alcoholic beverages from Vendome Wine & Spirits. Any shipments containing alcoholic beverages are sent with an "Adult Signature Required" sticker, and the common carrier that delivers our merchandise is required to ask and check for identification upon delivery.
* All items are shipped from our location, in Fullerton, unless extraordinary circumstances require differently.
* We only ship to the following states and district:
District of Columbia
* We ship by ground or air. All shipping charges include packaging materials and may vary. Insurance may be available for an additional charge.
* During periods of extreme weather, we attempt to ship wines at the beginning of each week in order to get shipments to you before the weekend, being the reason the lack of control over the temperature conditions at our freight carriers' warehouses.
* The cut off time for next day air/express shipping is 12pm Pacific time.
* Our shipping charges are determined by the combination of total weight, number of packages, and shipping method.
RETURNS : Under
California law, it is illegal to return wines once sold, except for defective
wines, which may be returned for credit or replacement within thirty days of
purchase. All returned wines must be accompanied with a receipt. OLDER WINES:
We do our best to ensure proper temperature-controlled storage and provenance.
However, we cannot be responsible for wines older than five years from the
latest vintage. This is a wine industry standard. HEAT AND ULLAGE : Heat
is the worst enemy of wine. Even on mild days the temperature inside an
automobile can exceed 90 degrees F, some 35 degrees (or more) hotter than our
wine cellar. This wide temperature differential can quickly "push"
corks and/or create seepage and messy labels. Moreover, certain
"fragile" wines can be completely ruined in a matter of hours by
excessive heat. Therefore, out of fairness to our clientele, we cannot accept
any returns of wines showing evidence of heat damage. Regarding the shipment of
wine, our shipping department keeps an eye on the weather and if, for example,
you select ground shipping to a very hot climate, we will contact you to
suggest faster shipping or request that you fill out a waiver assuming
liability in the event the wine is damaged. We strive to make sure that you
receive the wines in the condition they're in while sitting in our 55 degree F
cellar. Similar measures are taken in cold weather as well.